The Design Village (TDV), Noida
TDV The Design Village is an institute for design education with a mission to create a global hub that educates, promotes and supports development through design. The Design Village has been conceived to provide an international, interdisciplinary industry-centric platform for design in Noida, NCR.
In order to enhance the design quotient of the country, TDV has ‘glocal’ partners as institutes and centres which form a pool of faculty and students that work closely with industries and professionals. Within its umbrella of design, TDV houses different disciplines and related technology and management competencies, to come together to form a holistic eco-system of design thinking and solutions.
L’École de design Nantes Atlantique at The Design Village
TDV The Design Village in Noida, NCR serves as the Asia Campus in India for its French partner school L’École de design Nantes Atlantique. Supported by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Nantes, it is a 30 year old private institution for higher education dedicated to design professions in France. An institution rooted deeply in its territory, yet open to the world and internationalization at large, It has proactively followed an outward-looking, international development policy by developing academic exchange programs through its participation in the international network “Cumulus”; by opening of two foreign subsidiaries in the People’s Republic of China, now in Shanghai (“China Studio”) and in India (“India Studio”) in partnership with The Design Village, India.
TDV offers Undergraduate programs in Graphic Design, Product Design and Interactivity, Space (Interior) Design, Industrial Design and Fashion Design. At a postgraduate level, programs in Graphic Design and Interior Architecture are offered, French students from the undergraduate program opt to choose between the China campus and India campus to study the Transcultural Design program at the Masters level and this program is offered to Indian students through TDV The Design Village. The curriculum and quality of these courses has been developed and validated by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique and the in addition to the degrees the students also receive an internationally accredited UG and PG certificates in design.
Why Join TDV?
- ugc-recognized degree from shri venkateshwara university, gajraula
- international certificate from l’école de design nantes atlantique, france
- mandatory semester in europe (included in the fee) with global internship prospects
- assured placements and entrepreneurial support through partner companies, industry network and incubation centre
- multicultural environment with indian and international students and teachers
- small class-size for personalized focus and mentoring
- scholarships available on a need and merit basis
- strategic location with access to delhi NCR’s vast design domain
|Application forms available||February, 2017|
|Application submission deadline||April 30 , 2017|
|Admit cards (for exam/interview) issuing||May 3 , 2017|
|UG entrance exam, interview and situation test||May 7 , 2017|
|PG (only interviews & portfolio review)||May 6, 2017|
|For more information about Admission||Click Here to know more|
|For Apply to Online||Click Here to apply online|
how to apply
All Applications should be submitted directly to TDV The Design Village, Noida NCR. You can fill in the application form online by clicking here
- candidates who have passed or are appearing for higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent like aissce/ib/isc qualifying examinations.
- candidates who have a pass grade in the senior secondary school examination conducted by the national open school with a minimum of five subjects.
a degree or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline including creative industries, humanities and social sciences qualifications
our rigorous admissions process is structured to help us evaluate the applicants’ creative abilities, analytical skills and awareness.
candidates for our undergraduate program are chosen on the basis of a written entrance examination, a situation test and an interview conducted by tdv. the design portfolio is also reviewed at the time of the interview. (students who have a nata score and are applying for a b.a. in interior (space) design are exempted from the entrance exam and are called for the interview/portfolio review directly.)
candidates for our postgraduate program are chosen on the basis of an interview conducted by tdv. the design portfolio is also reviewed at the time of the interview.
we look for portfolios that demonstrate an ability to communicate ideas and concepts with imagination, creativity, clarity, and originality. you may include any creative work – single works or developed series – that explores a particular subject or personal vision.
Situation Test Sample
For UG Programs:
• Phase 1: entrance exam conducted at centers.
• Phase 2: Situation Test followed by interview portfolio review.
• Declaration of Results
Please note the following –
• Students applying for B.Des in Space Design and have a valid NATA score are EXEMPTED from the entrance exam and will be called for the interview/ portfolio review directly.
For PG Programs:
• Phase 1: Statement of Purpose as stated in the application form
• Phase 2: Interview with portfolio review
• Declaration of Results
1. The Design Village, Noida looks for a portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create and communicate ideas or concepts with imagination, creativity, clarity, and originality.
2. A portfolio may refer to images, 3D models, visualizations, printed or handmade sheets, digital works, etc.
3. Applicant should carry these articles with them for the interview.
4. You may include single works or developed series that explores a particular subject or personal vision.
5. An ideal portfolio of works reflects one’s personality itself.
Merit and need based scholarships of up to 50% tuition fee may be awarded to eligible students, on the basis of:
1. performance in the TDV DNA entrance exam, situation test and interview
2. statement of purpose (for PG only)
3. Annual gross parental/family income from all sources – maximum of Rs. 4,50,000 (as per Govt. of India notification)
4. Special cases like wards of single parents
5. In case of a tie, performance in their 10th and 12th Boards examinations shall be considered as well
Documents to be submitted along with the scholarship application:
1. Self-attested copy of 10th Class Mark sheet
2. Self-attested copy of 12th Class Mark sheet (if available)
3. Self-attested copy of Graduation degree (if applicable)
4. Attested copy of Graduation Mark sheet (if applicable)
5. Attested copy of the proof of permanent address
6. Proof of parental income
7. Two Letters of recommendation from professor, teacher or employer (only for PG)
1. Incomplete applications / applications submitted without relevant supporting documents / late submission shall be rejected.
2. The Design Village reserves the right for award of scholarships. The decision of the scholarship award committee shall be final & binding.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded for one year and shall be only continued for subsequent years, provided that the student submits a fresh application each year and fulfils the income criteria along with academic performance (that shall be notified from time to time).