UPES – School of Design
UPES – School of Design
About UPES School of Design
Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) and Masters of Design programs at UPES gives the student flexibility to work in multi – disciplinary environments. The course will teach you to address contemporary issues in an independent and creative way, in order to participate in a stimulating and exciting career.
UPES School of Design will facilitate to hone your distinctive viewpoint as well as the perception of societal values thus shaping the design of the comprehensive surroundings.
As a UPES student, your practical hands-on studies will be supplemented by leading research and explorative practices and methodologies. The course provides a launch pad that would propel your creativity.
Programs Offered at UPES
UPES School of Design offers industry aligned specialized following programs.
B.Des* Program (4 Years)
- Industrial and Product Design
- Transportation and Mobility Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation and VFX
- Interaction Design
- Gaming Design
- Interior & Retail Space Design
*In first year, all students of B.Des program will go through a foundation program & from 2nd year onwards will be aligned to their chosen specialization
M.Des Program (2 Years)
- Industrial Design
- Transportation Design
- Interaction Design
UPES DAT Online Exam For B.Des
Last Date to Apply: 25th April 2019
Exam Date: 28th April to 30th April 2019
Apply for UPES Application form Online. UPES Application Online fee Rs.1850/-. Click to Apply
Eligibility & Admission Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des Degree Program
1. For Examination Pathway
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) any stream.
- Selection is through UPESDAT online entrance test followed by presentation of portfolio and interview.
|Program||Exam Name||Mode Of Exam||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date||Duration|
|B. Des||UPESDAT||Online||25th April 2019||28th April to 30th April 2019||60 Minutes|
2. Non-Exam Pathway
|Eligibility Criteria||Admission Criteria|
Board Merit: – Minimum 65% marks in class X and XII (Any Stream)
UCEED: Minimum 50% marks in class X and XII with valid JEE MAIN/UCEED scores.
|Presentation of Portfolio and Interview
Valid and Qualified UCEED scores. Candidate will be required to appear for interview followed by presentation of portfolio
*Date of Interview & Portfolio presentation will be announced on UPES website in the 3rd week of April 2019.
Duration of Program: 4 Years
Scholarship in B.Des Program
Criteria: 80% in 10th & 12th Class
Scholarship: 10% seats in each program from CBSE, ICSE & State Boards for 50% tuition fee waiver on 1st semester.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Degree Program
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level (10th & 12th) & B.Tech / BE in any relevant discipline / B.Arch /BFA / Interior Design / B. Des / BVA.
- 3year Degree such as B.Sc / BA / BFA/ BVA in Applied Art / Design of any other relevant disciplines (with min. 50% marks) + 1 year of relevant industry experience.
- 2years M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Computer Science, CSE, IT subjects / domains (only for Interaction Design).
Duration of Program: 2 Years
Over 9900+ plus UPES graduates & post graduates have already been placed in over more than 500 reputed companies nationally & Internationally. Extensive exposure and training which includes industry visits & exclusive personality enhancement training capsules improve the employability skills of our students.
100% Placements in 2018 in companies such as:
- TATA Elxsi
- Red Carpet
- Ashok Leyland
- The Lean Apps
- General Motors
- Studio 34
- IDE Autoworks
|UPES School of Design Student Wins 3rd Prize at the SIAM Challenge –
HItarth Shah, student of transportation design course wins 3rd prize in the SIAM-ADC 2018 contest.
|Autodesk fusion certification –
18 students from design courses have successfully accomplished the Autodesk Fusion 360 Certification to become a certified user.
|Striding Efforts of Design Students
A team of UPES design students appeared among the top 25 of the India Design Challenge by Autodesk and Maruti.
|UPES student selected among the finalists in design contest held in China
Vignesh Vasukuttan, student of School of Design at UPES was selected among the top 20 finalists of the International Train Design Contest held in China.
UPES School of Design has 100%* placements for its both programs of B.Des and M.Des.
Our Students has been recruited in key design profiles in companies such as –
LTI, Tata Elxsi, Red Carpet, Ashok Leyland, The Lean Apps, General, Motors, TCS, Hi-Techos, Studio 34, Desmania, IDE Autoworks.
*Placements statistics refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements.
Scholarship on offer across B.Des
Eligibility Criteria: 80% in 10th and 12th 50% tuition fee waiver on 1st semester for 10% seats in each program from CBSE, ICSE & State Boards pass out students.
The UPES School of Design has high end MAC labs equipped with latest software related to design.
Post above line keep same content till ‘equipped classrooms’ and remove the remaining starting from ‘UPES campus… till end’
The 3D Printer, Wood/Plastic/Metal/Industrial Clay/POP/Paint/Photo Studios for practical work are also there. Vacuum forming machines, spray painting booths and all requisite raw materials for model making are other additions to our well equipped classrooms.
UPES campus is located in the sylvan surroundings of the Pondha valley at the foothills of the Himalayas in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, offering an environment conducive to academic, personal and professional growth.
- 42 Acres of lush green campus set amidst the peaceful Pondha Valley
- 600000 sq ft. of built-up area
- 100+ multimedia enables classrooms
- 90 teaching & research labs
The only university to have an actual MIG23 on campus
- Donated by the Indian Air Force
- Airframe gifted from the Halwara Air base
- Engine presented by the Kanpur Air Force Station
Fire Safety Training Ground
- Dedicated outdoor labs for fire safety training
- With Fire Safety Car & Ambulance on standby
- Equipped with requisite infrastructure for staging mock
- Fire drills and disaster management drills
The only university to have a Tatra Truck on campus
- Provided by Indian Army to facilitate R&D in Land
- Defence Systems
- Has a classroom and workshop inside
- Two unique features viz. Unique Flexible Axle
- (Independent Swing) and an Air Cooled Engine
Fire Safety Training Ground
- Solar power project on campus
- Funded through Ministry of New & Renewable
- Energy’s (MNRE) Diesel Abatement Project
- Expected to generate 1.2 lakhs KW electricity
- annually with an estimated CO2 reduction of 270 tonnes
The only university to have an Oil Rig on campus
- Fully operational oil rig installed in the campus
- Designed and developed by UPES faculty
- Managed by a specialized team
- 1 KW Wind Turbine Mill has been installed on campus to generate clean energy
Learning Resource Center
Advance Computing Lab
At UPES, we believe in nurturing the talent, imagination, and creativity of our students. Our industry-specific programs help in developing a futuristic vision. Know about life at UPES from our students who are living this dream.
|Personality Enhancement Program
The Personality Enhancement Program is designed to up the level of self-assurance, attitude & overall personality of each student. It is mandatory for all new students for a period of couple of weeks, comprising interactive sessions and exciting outdoor activities
Apart from worldclass facilities and state of the art labs, UPES campus is considered to be one of the most beautiful campus in India.
|Design is journey and my journey started with UPES School of Design. I travelled halfway across country when I got an opportunity to work with 3D Design and Lokus Design-one of the finest design houses in India. Here, my horizon keeps expanding everyday.
M.Des Industrial Design, 2014-16
|The courses offered by School of Design are non-text book disciplines and are aimed at the creative minds who thinks out of the box. In my particular course, students are encouraged to go out and interact with the outside world to learn all about the design possibilities in everyday life. This is the basis of the learning at School of Design, education through exploration.
B.Des Transportation Design/ 2014-18
For any query, please call at the toll free number 18001028737 or email at email@example.com