NIFT Last Minute 10 Tips & Tricks for Exam
CAT (Creative Ability Test)
- Examination Pouch: Your Examination Pouch must have HB and clutch pencils with new Eraser and Sharpener. Use good quality colour pencil.
- Fill the required details of your question paper as soon as you get your CAT paper
- Read the questions very carefully before beginning the paper.
- Plan your ideas in advance and start with light sketching.
- Be creative with your ideas but keep it original and simple within exam time is equally important.
- After completing your light sketch, attempt the colour mood questions and while colouring try to think about the details which is required for rest questions.
- Avoid the use of eraser now and then
- Save half an hour in order to give final touch to your drawing.
- Always write the caption at the end so that your idea stays with you and no one can copy it.
- Do not forget to wear your smile and confidence while entering the examination hall.
GAT (General Ability Test)
- Time Management is the key to success so plan your strategy accordingly.
- NIFT changed the NIFT 2018 test paper and now instead of 150 questions Design aspirants are going to face 100 questions in B. Design (Quantitative Aptitude- 20 Questions, Communication Ability – 25 Questions, English Comprehension – 25 Questions, Analytical Ability – 15 Questions, General Knowledge and Current Affairs – 15 Questions) and 120 questions in M. Design (Quantitative Aptitude- 20 Questions, Communication Ability – 30 Questions, English Comprehension – 30 Questions, Analytical Ability – 25 Questions, General Knowledge and Current Affairs – 15 Questions) but rest MFM/B.Ftech/M.Ftech has same number of questions 150.
- Be ready for surprises in your NIFT GAT paper.
- Maximise your attempt with accuracy and attempt easiest questions as every question has the same weightage.
- Tips for Comprehension: Try to give two readings to your passage. In the first attempt you get the general idea which will take 2-3 minutes and with this you will be able to solve explicit questions. For implicit questions you will require second reading which will be little slow and needs more attention.
- In logical reasoning section try to attempt those topics where you are more comfortable move from simple to complex topics
- Keep your fundamental strong and adhere to basic rules.
- Save 15 minutes to go through your answer sheet again in order to avoid human error and check the OMR sheet.
- Don’t waste your time on a single question more than 2 minutes.
- This is the time to maintain your cool, remain relaxed, utilize the night to revise whatever you have studied and learned but not begin anything new.