LSAD – Lovely School of Architecture & Design
Lovely School of Architecture & Design (LSAD)
Since 2004, LSAD have been able to explore pedagogy coherent to professional practice, be it Architecture, Design and Urban Planning. LSAD Alumnus have proved to be an asset to top national design houses, Multi National Company’s such as CP Kukreja and Associates, Development Consortium, Morphogenesis, Atkins, Costford, Tiruvananthapuram, CACB, Pune, Anagram New Delhi etc. Our Alumnus have reached IIT’s, CEPT, SPA’s, and International Universities in Europe, Australia, Canada and USA for higher education and won accolades in their concerned fields. School has engaged in annual study tour visits to various regions of India, Bhutan, etc, conduct of international Conference Niche IPM 2016 and Niche 2014, Workshop Symposium IDOT-2015, apart from visit of eminent professionals from industry and academia etc. on a regular basis.
Courses Offered at LSAD
|Duration||5 yrs. (10 Semesters)|
|Eligibility||Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English and Maths) or Diploma (any stream)
(3 years) recognized by Central/ State Govt. (with Mathematics) or equivalent, subject to
qualifying marks as per NATA 2018 or qualifying marks in any specially designed aptitude test
in Architecture conducted by the competent authority of the Central/ State Governments, e.g.
JEE (Main) Paper II (81 marks).
|Course Detail:- The course is as per the guidelines of Council of Architecture (CoA). Course is equipped with 21st century digital technologies to make students industry ready. Hands on experience by working on live projects to develop a sense of problem solving, critical thinking to gain real life understanding.|
|Course||M.Arch. (Executive) [Part Time]|
|Duration||3 yrs. (6 Semesters)|
|Eligibility||Pass with 50% aggregate marks in B.Arch. or equivalent|
|Course Detail:- The course curriculum is as per the guidelines of Council of Architecture (CoA). Course focus on sustainability, conservation, advance urban methodologies integrated with design skills, design precedents, construction material given to enhance awareness regarding environment friendly built environment.|
We at LSAD focus on academic innovation in terms of current challenges faced in built environments to futuristic learning’s in the field. We sensitize our students to survive scenarios of climate change and global warming. Latest concepts such as water conservation, energy conservation, building assessment systems in terms of water balance, water footprint and carbon footprint are integrated in design studio exercises. Design is a non linear process while in architectural studios primarily its approached in a linear way-which needs a paradigm shift, other than that our design studio exercises are based on live projects and real life scenarios. Equal focus is on design’s technical detailing and not just concept & design scheme development in a given design studio. Furthermore integration of technical inputs such as climatology, services, construction, material details, passive architecture etc are improvised in design studios.
Intellectual Strength – Core and Visiting Faculty
We value diversity in the discipline of Architecture, thus we have faculty with expertise in Emergent Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design, Housing, Urban and Regional Planning, Environmental Planning, Industrial Area Planning, Product Design to name a few. We value Curriculum design and review it every semester; we thrust on evolving our pedagogical aids with rigorous evaluation systems. Transparency and system specific response are keys to our academic success. Design studio juries are conducted by esteemed professionals from industry and academia.
Enhancing Creative Exploration in Our Students
We tend to explore application of theoretical concepts via analytical assignments and creative enhancement. Lateral thinking development is focused through regular pedagogical improvements. During our studio exercises of other practical subjects like graphics and workshop material play induced into the classes further lets the students explore the nuances of composition and establish its design derivatives.
In theory classes engaging in Experiential learning help reinforce concepts and prompt research which encourages the students to experiment with novelty in detailing of their projects.
Live sites are introduced for Design Studio Projects wherein students tend to explore morphology, climatology, aspects of services, legal frameworks (byelaws, master plan’s application in architectural design), visit site and respective architect offices, etc.
Students are exposed to updates of profession via international conference’s, guest lectures and workshops etc by eminent speakers from industry and academia such as Ar. Raj Rewal, Ar. S.D.Sharma, Prof. Dr. Mandeep Singh, Ar. Matthew Taylor, Prof. Dr. P.S.N. Rao, Prof. Alok Ranjan, Ar. Deepashee Chaudhary, Prof. Dr. Arlene Plevin, Prof. Dr. Mahavir, Ar. Harsh Varshneya, Ar. Neeraj Manchanda, Ar. Punit Sethi, Ar. Rajendra Kumar, Ar. Anil Lal, Ar. Aisim Krishna Rao, Ar. Mahesh Paliwal, Ar. Sangeet Sharma, Ar. Vinod Sakle, Ar. Surinder Bahga, Ar. Sanjay Goel, Ar. Shradha Kumar, Mr. Mukul Kulkarni, Mr. S.M. Choudhury, Mr.Vinod K Pandita to name a few.
World Renowned Architect Raj Rewal Visited Lovely Professional University.
NICHE- International conference at LPU, 2016
|Ar. Matthew Taylor, Sydney Australia delivered lecture on Sustainable Landscape Chandigarh addressed the conference.|
|Dr. DS Meshram President ,Institute of Town Planners, India shared his views on India Vision and Mission on Smart City.|
|Ar. SD Sharma, Director of SD Sharma and Associates and Urbanism.|
|Ar. Paola Martini, Italy expressed her views in the conference.|
|Ar. PSN Rao- Chairman Delhi Urban Arts Commission, Ministry of Urban Dev, Govt. of India, School of Planning and Architecture (PA), New Delhi, India, shared knowledge on Affordable Housing.|
|Ar. Harsh Varshneya – Director Sthapati Assoictes Lucknow shared his knowledge on Sustainable High Rise Towers.|
|Meteja Geder – Founder & Managing Director GraVita Media, Slovenia gave insight on Future Cities.|
|Ar. Krishnarao Jaisim – Director of Jaisim Fountainhead addressed the conference.|
NICHE- International conference at LPU, 2014
IDOT workshop organized by Lovely School of Architecture and Design at Lovely Professional University, 2015
Late Ar. Anil Laul shared the ideas with Architecture during the workshop.
Out of the Classroom Activities
To enhance hands on experience at LSAD we plan for two weeks dedicated entirely for experiential learning. Students experiments with various building techniques and materials such as brick, stone, mud, bamboo, metal waste, scrap etc. Students visit live sites to gain an understanding of architectural detailing, spatial anthropometry and connect with heritage values, social structure, urban fabric, public realm etc. Hands on workshop are organized in experiential week to enhance synthesis of sheet and model work to actual site and practices.
Efforts to Improve Employability of Graduate
We engage in Curriculum review with professionals for industry feedback incorporation in curriculum. Last session we interacted with world renowned & esteemed professionals such as Ar.Raj Rewal, Principal Architect, Raj Rewal and Associates, Ar.Nilanjan Bowal, Principal Architect, Design Consortium and Ar.Abijit Ray, Principal Architect, Abhijit Ray & Associates.
The insights provided has helped us in understanding the challenges faced by industry and what good we are doing at LSAD to bridge any gaps. LSAD follows four key areas to enhance employability of our graduate students that is; Design Thinking and Ideation, Professional Software Updation, Construction Detailing and Social Entrepreneurship.
Special Infrastructural Facilities to Improve the Quality of Education
Dedicated studio space for our graduate students helps them explore and experiment. emergent digital technologies in labs, extensive machine tools in carpentry and metal workshop along with a wide array of hand tools further incites exploration of designs via physical models.
Ongoing construction, remodeling and renovation activities at the LPU campus further offer on site and off site exploration there by providing an impetus to design education.
Students working in Design Studio
Laser Cutting Machine for physical models.
Carpentry and Metal Workshop equipped With latest machines.
Computer Labs with updated softwares
- Architect-Planner by profession Ar.Sagar Setia, from B.Arch Batch: 2007-2012 has secured All India Rank 66 in UPSC Civil Service Exam.
- Sumanga upreti B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as an Assistant Architect at Kantosekkie, Japan.
- Abdul Hazeeb B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 got place in Omar Moujaes Architects at Dubai, UAE in 2016.
- Jamyang pdorji B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as Assistant Professor in College of Science and Technology at Bhutan.
- Devika Chhetri B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as Architect at Bhutan Urban Development and Energenerring Services, Bhutan.
- Kinley Wangmo B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as Architect at Architecture and Planning Department at Bhutan.
- Tshering Penjor B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as an Architect at Municipal Corporation at Gelephu, Bhutan.
- Akashdeep Singh B.Arch Batch 2010-2015 worked as an Architect in Al-Rakha Architecture firm Dubai, UAE in 2015.
- Manu Chacko B.Arch Batch 2010-2015 worked as an Architect in Maz Consultants Dubai, UAE in 2015.
- Tshewang Tenzin B.Arch Batch 2011-2016 working as an Army Lieutenant at Bhutan.
- Manmeet Kaur, Pawanpreet Kaur, Amandeep Kaur and Malvika Sharma, Nikita Arora B.Arch Students Batch 2012- 2017 got record INR 4.5 lakh package with Dharam Consulting based in Mohali – A multi national company with offices in Boston, NewYork, Philadelphia.
- Rishi Kalia B.Arch Batch 2012-17 student got placed in CP Kukreja, Architects, New Delhi which is amongst top 100 Architectural Firms in the World as rated by one of World’s Architectural Journal- World Architecture, UK.
- Shiv Dada and Mohit Chawla B.Arch batch 2004-2009 established ’23DC Architects’ in 2009.
- Yatharth Architecture B.Arch Batch 2010-2015 created Architectre Conultancy firm Aurocreation in Aurovillae.
- Sanchit Malik Batch 2012-2017 working as Assistnat Project Officer in The Energy and Resource Institute, NewDelhi.
- Robin G Paul B.Arch Fifth Year student, working as an architectural intern at Architectural Futures, London.
- Gurshan Singh, Animesh Nigam and Mohammed Yasar Arafath B.Arch Fifth Year student Batch 2013, working as an architectural intern at Benz & Zeigler, Germany.
- B.Arch Fifth Year student Tanisha Kalra, working as an architectural intern at Ensamle studio at Madrid.
- B.Arch Fifth Year student Salisu Idris, working as an architectural intern at Xmatrix 369 Limited , Nigeria.
- B.Arch Fifth Year student Jagjeet Kumar, working as an architectural intern at Architecture Design Unit at Dubai, UAE.
- Florans Bonian B.Arch Fifth Year student , working as an architectural intern at Taak Inc, Afghanistan.
- Namgay Wangmo B.Arch Fifth Year student , working as an architectural intern at United Consultancy, Bhutan.
- Janet Ng’uni B.Arch Fifth Year student , working as an architectural intern at Anderson+Anderson International, Zambia.
- Biraj Das B.Arch Fifth Year student, working as an architectural intern at Atkins, Bangalore.
- Manpreet Singh B.Arch Fifth Year student, working as an architectural intern at Costford Thrissur, Kerela.
- B.Arch Fifth Year student Harsh Singh Batch, working as an architectural intern at Abha Narain Lambah Associates, New Delhi.
- Prerna Saxena B.Arch Fifth Year student Batch, working as an architectural intern at Design Forum International , New Delhi.
- B.Arch Fifth Year student Urvesh J Desai Batch, working as an architectural intern at HCP Design Planning and Management, Gujarat.
- Priyanshu Ahlawat and Sharib Shahid B.Arch Fifth Year students, working as an architectural intern at Fountianhead.
Students are also exposed to technical design competitions and they have won various laurels at international (House in the Forest 2017 etc.) and national competitions (National Design Idea Competition for Model Design of EVM and VVPAT Warehouse floated by Election Commission of India, 59TH Annual Zonal NASA Convention 2016, Rethinking the Future Sustainability Awards in 2016, ARCHOTSAV 2015, A3F FEST, MINDRAIN 2016 Enceladus 2016, Delhi Architecture Festival Awards 2016, etc to name a few). Such exercises boost self esteem, rigor of competition and entrepreneurial growth in students.
Winner of House in the Forest 2017
Won Overall Enceladus Trophy – 2017
Winner of Annual Zonal NASA Conventon 2016
Won National Design Idea Competition,2016
Won Archotsav overall Trophy 2016
Won Archotsav overall Trophy 2015
Milestones to Achieve in the next few years
LSAD aims to achieve a standing coherent to a centre for excellence in design innovation and emergent technology in the region for industry and academia. Imparting an architectural education which parallels its global contemporaries is the goal of LSAD in the coming years.
Life at Lovely Professional University
LPU TV Commercial
Architecture of Kapurthala
Student Hands on Experience Work