IMS-Design & Innovation Academy, established in Noida, NCR has topped ten years as an outstanding Design Institute. The Design school is a premier venture of the IMS Education Society, its Academic advisors being current faculty of NID Ahmedabad, IIM Ahmedabad and MICA
DIA awards dual certification, a Bachelor’s Degree recognised by UGC and a Higher National Diploma by Pearson Education, UK. Courses culminate in a graduating show.
Associated with the Indian Design Association, IFFTI and overseas institutes, DIA encourages its students to go beyond the course curriculum and participate in design competitions, exhibitions, events, conferences, seminars, research projects and student exchange programmes.
Industry and Knowledge partners like Satish Gujral, Garment Exporters Association of Rajasthan, Corel Draw Inc. and PC Jewellers, give students the cutting edge benefit in competitive market scenarios.
Qualified and experienced faculty, an exclusive campus, infrastructure and laboratories that meet International standards, supported by an extensive syllabus offer students a holistic design education. Meritorious students are further motivated and exclusively trained through the Scholar programme to realise their creative aspirations. The Incu-bay, or Incubator, at DIA encourages students to pursue entrepreneurial ventures through a comprehensive business support programme.
IMS- Design & Innovation Academy (IMS-DIA) was awarded the “Best Textile & Apparel Design Institute in Delhi-NCR” by the Times Research Education Excellence.
Vision & Mission
Mission To provide a unique contextual design curriculum, emphasizing creativity, innovation, curiosity and exchange of ideas, through diverse achievable plans, projects and strategies; simultaneously identifying and developing each student’s personal styles and strengths Vision To enable students to explore, discover and develop their individual creative potential in order to respond to the challenges of sustainable and socially responsible design thinking.
DIA Girls Hostel
- Well furnished Room (Bed, Mattress, Study Table, Chair, Cupboard)
- RO System for Drinking Water
- Four Meals a day (B’fast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- 24*7 hours Security System
- WI-FI enabled campus
- Laundry & dry cleaning Facility
- SOLAR SYSTEM for Hot water Facility
- Electricity & Power Back Up facility
- Re-creation Room (TV, Carrom, Chess, Scrabble)
- Health Club
- Medical Aid (Have our tie-up with Shanti Gopal Hospital)
- Store Room
- Refrigerator at each floor
- In house beauty parlour
INCU-BAY is a collaborative programme designed to help students to succeed as new startups. Incu-Bay helps student entrepreneurs solve some of the problems commonly associated with running a startup by providing workspace, seed funding, mentoring, and training. It is a facility designed to assist business ideas from the students to become established and profitable during the startup phase.
Library:- The library has a comprehensive collection of
- Design Books
- National & International design magazines
- Limited edition Art and design books
- CD ROM, video cassettes of informative tutorials on design subjects
- E-library resources and attaining membership by WGSN software
- State of the Art Multimedia laboratories
- Dedicated Macintosh machines for advance video & sound editing
- Croma Screen setup for visual effects
- Game consoles to understand game techniques
- Semi-professional camera with studio lighting setup
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk Mudbox
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe After effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier
Audio Visual laboratory:
- Audio equipments
Computer laboratory: CAD laboratories are designed for
DIA has dedicated laboratories for CAD softwares where students can learn about the 3D world and use their imagination on computers.
- Classrooms have facilities to provide audio visual inputs to make teaching a more interactive experience
- Lecture rooms are spacious and specially designed for each discipline.
- Each studio is well equipped.
- The spacious seminar hall accommodates a large audience who attend and participate in various seminars and workshops.
- A large screen and high-end audio system with a LCD projector make it a state-of-the-art presentation area compatible with the highest global standards.
Fashion Design facilities
- Drafting Studio
- Pattern making Studio
- Garment Construction Studio with juki machines
- Design development studios
- Weaving Studio
- Wet labooratory
Jewellery Design facilities
- Latest facilities in the metalsmithing workshop for manufacturing jewellery.
- Gemological instruments of International standards in the Gemology laboratory.
- Diamond grading laboratory.
- Computer Aided Design software for CAD, along with studio and design development areas.
Interior Design Facilities
- Studio and design development areas specially constructed for technical drawings
- Well equipped workshop for developing products.
- Awarded “Best Textile and Apparel Design Institute in Delhi-NCR” by Times Research Education Excellence.
- Awarded Best Textile and Apparel Design Institute in Delhi-NCR” by BIG Brands Research.