Pahal Design is a national level test preparation coaching institute in India for design entrance examinations, which are held nationwide. With the team of design industry experts, Pahal is shaping the career of thousands of students at national level in design. Regular classroom program, crash course, printed study materials & online test series for preparation of IIT UCEED exam are offered at all of our study centres. We are having our classroom centres in Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Lucknow, Bhopal, Patna, Ranchi and Dehradun. The students who are participating in UCEED 2017 Exam, having an opportunity to get Dual Degree in Design (B. Des + M. Des) at the end of 3rd year (Six semester) as being offered by the Industrial Design Centre ( IDC) at IIT Bombay from 2017.
UCEED Batch Announcement at Pahal
Fresh Batches Starting From: 25th Oct Onwards
(10 students Per Batch only)
|Crash Course Duration||Days per week||Batch Timing||Centres||Crash Course Duration||Days per week||Batch Timing||Centres|
|South Delhi||East Delhi|
|20 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||South Delhi||20 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||1PM-4PM||East Delhi|
|30 days (70 Hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||South Delhi||30 days (70 Hours)||5 Days||2PM – 5PM||East Delhi|
|15 days (30 Hours)||6 Days||2PM-5PM||South Delhi||15 days (30 Hours)||6 Days||2PM – 5PM||East Delhi|
|10 days (25 Hours)||6 Days||2PM-5PM||South Delhi||10 days (25 Hours)||6 Days||2PM – 5PM||East Delhi|
|15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||1PM-4PM||Bhopal||15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||Lucknow|
|30 days (70 Hours)||5 Days||2PM – 5PM||Bhopal||30 days (70 hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||Lucknow|
|15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||Patna||15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||Pune|
|30 days (70 hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||Patna||30 days (70 hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||Pune|
|15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||Dehradun||15 days (40 Hours)||5 Days||10AM-1PM||Bangalore|
|30 days (70 hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||Dehradun||30 days (70 hours)||5 Days||2PM-5PM||Bangalore|
Why join Pahal for IIT-UCEED?
- Pahal has the highest result percentage in India and Presence in Delhi, Bangalore, Patna, Ranchi, Lucknow, Dehradun, Pune and Bhopal
- 16 Years of Excellence and more than 4000 students at different design and architecture colleges.
- Pahal has the best team from different area of expertise like Design, Fine Arts, Architecture and Management Field.
- Best Infrastructure 4000 sq.ft, Wi-Fi campus, Computer lab, Library, Projector, AC classroom to give our best to the students and unique way of Teaching
- Interaction with NID/NIFT/CEPT/NATA Alumni to get an idea about exam pattern.
- Doubt clearing session and class test once in a week.
- Regularly updated study material
- Online Test Series and Mock Tests for NIFT/NID/NATA, so that students can manage their time during exam.
- Seminar and Workshop with reputed institute like Pearl, Srishti, MIT, SOFT, NIIFT Mohali, AIEED to know about colleges and courses.
- Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC and talented Candidates and extra classes for weak students
- Motivational classes for building self confidence of the students
- Revision classes in a month to recalled what they have learned.
- Outdoor sketching to understand more about Composition and Perspective.
- Pahal offers Regular, Weekend, Crash course, Situation and Studio Test batches and considers school and college timings for batch as per student convenient.
All the details like syllabus, exam dates, eligibility criteria etc. on IDC- IIT Bombay UCEED examination 2017 are given below.
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design 2017 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions Committee 2017.
UCEED 2017 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at IIT Bombay should appear in UCEED 2017.
UCEED 2017 score is valid only for admission to the academic year 2017-2018.
Pahal has announced Crash course of 15 days/30days at Pahal all centres (Delhi, Bhopal, Pune, Bangalore, Ranchi, Patna, Dehradun, Lucknow).
B. Des. PROGRAMME AT IDC, IIT BOMBAY
Industrial Design Centre (IDC) at IIT Bombay has a well-established Master of Design degree (M. Des.) programme in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation Design, Interaction Design & Mobility and Vehicle Design as well as a Ph. D. programme in Design.
From the year 2017 onwards, IDC will offer a four year, eight semester Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) programme and a five year, ten semester dual degree B. Des. + M. Des. programme. However, the option of doing the dual degree, B. Des. + M. Des. will be available only at the end of the 3rd year. The total number of seats sanctioned for both these programmes together is 30.
Students admitted to the B. Des. programme will not be eligible for branch change to any other undergraduate programmes offered by IIT Bombay at any time during the entire duration of the programme.
SCHEDULE OF UCEED 2016-17
|Start date for Online Application||Oct 17, 2016, 17:00|
|Last date for Online Application||Nov 11, 2016, 23:45|
|Last date for Online Application with Late Fee||Nov 18, 2016, 23:45|
|Start date for Admit Card downloading||Dec 26, 2016, 17:00|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||Jan 9, 2016, 17:00|
|UCEED 2017 Examination||Jan 22, 2017|
|Release of UCEED 2017 Draft Answer Keys||Jan 28, 2017, 17:00|
|Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Keys||Jan 31, 2017, 17:00|
|Declaration of result||Feb 20, 2017, 17:00|
|Start date for Score Card downloading||Feb 27, 2017, 17:00|
|Application for B. Des. programme||June 10-25, 2017|
|Seat allotment round 1||July 04, 2017|
|Seat allotment round 2||July 10, 2017|
|Seat allotment round 3||July 15, 2017|
|Information Brochure||Click here to view|
|Apply Online||Click here to apply online|
Schedule for UCEED 2017
UCEED is a computer based examination of 3 hours duration and will be held as per the following schedule:
|Date||Sunday, January 22, 2017|
|Session 1||10:00 to 13:00|
|Session 2 (if required)||14:00 to 17:00|
- There will be ONE question paper of 3 hours duration. o The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will be administered through a computer based test. The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will contain a total of 100 questions distributed among the 6 topics provided in the syllabi.
- The question paper will consist of 3 sections.
- Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For NAT type questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions. There is NEGATIVE marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
- Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate gets 3 marks only if ALL the correct answers are selected. There is NO NEGATIVE or PARTIAL marks for this section. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
- Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer. There is NEGATIVE marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
The exam will have questions from the following six topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability:- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity:- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness:- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning:- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity:- Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving:- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Cities where UCEED 2017 will be held
UCEED 2017 will be held in the following 19 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur and Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates should compulsorily choose 3 cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online registration. Once the application is submitted, request for change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
|No. of Seats||14||8||5||2||30|
|+ 1 (PwD)|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN UCEED 2017
Candidates, including foreign nationals and PIO/OCI card holders, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2016.
- Criterion 1 – Age limit: The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1995 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
- Criterion 2 – Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
- Criterion 3 – Qualifying Examination: The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2016, OR appearing in 2017. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR UCEED 2017
Following is the registration fee structure for UCEED 2017.
The following THREE-step procedure is necessary for the successful completion of the ONLINE Application. For more details, visit the UCEED website, www.uceed.in. It is the responsibility of the candidate to go through the UCEED Brochure available online to understand the exact procedures for UCEED application and B. Des. admission.
Step 1: Registration
- All the candidates must first REGISTER online before proceeding to fill the application form. You may do this by clicking the Apply Online link on the UCEED website.
- During the registration, one must provide a valid email address and an active mobile number since the UCEED office will use these contacts for all future communications to the candidates.
- Once the registration page is submitted, an email will be sent to the registered email address with a link for validating the email address (in case one does not find the email in the Inbox, please check the Junk/SPAM folder). A password will also be sent to the registered mobile number, which has to be used for completing the registration process. If a wrong email address and/or mobile number was provided, then one must register afresh with the correct details.
- Do not delete the email sent to you. This will be useful for future reference.
- When you click on the emailed link, you will be provided with a login screen, where you have to enter your email address as the user id and the password sent through SMS. On successful login, you will be provided an application form to fill in and an application id (UC15 followed by a 6 digit number; e.g., UC15123456).
Step 2: Completing the ONLINE Application Form
- In the ONLINE application web page, enter your personal details.
- Choose an exam city. You have to provide ALL three choices.
- Upload the files containing photograph, signature, eligibility certificate and other supporting documents.
- Before Clicking ‘Pay FEE & Submit’, you must check whether the information filled by you is correct through the ‘Preview’ option, as you CANNOT edit the form after submitting it.
- Application procedure will be completed ONLY if the application is submitted by clicking the ‘Pay FEE & SUBMIT’ button.
Step 3: Paying the Application Fee
(A) It is the responsibility of the candidate to make sure that he/she is eligible for UCEED 2017. Application Fee will not be refunded even if the application is rejected.
(B) If a candidate makes multiple payments for the same application, the refund will be made only after 15 May 2017.
- When you click ‘Pay FEE & Submit’ button, you will be redirected to Bill Desk for UCEED application fee payment.
- Applicants can make the fee payment using Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card through Bill Desk. Details of making payments are available on the UCEED website, www.uceed.in.
- Once your payment is successfully completed, you will get a confirmation page. Keep a copy of this. This is only for your reference. Do not send this to the UCEED office.
- You can ‘Save’ the application form any time before Clicking ‘Pay FEE & Submit’ button, to logout, and to login back again and continue the application process.
- However, if the application filling page remains idle for more than 30 minutes, the session will expire. In such a case, you will have to login again and continue from your last saved session.
- Application forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the application will be considered invalid.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION FOR UCEED 2017
Given below is a list of certificates and other documents that are to be uploaded at the time of online registration for UCEED 2017.
- A recent colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature on white paper (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate, if appeared in 2014 (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- Scanned copy of the hall ticket/admit card of the BOARD EXAM for those who are appearing/appeared in 2017. For those who do not possess the hall ticket/admit card of the board exam, a certificate from the school/college principal in the given format (Annexure 1) should be uploaded (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- If the name is not same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
Minimum prescribed marks for inclusion in the rank list
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR B. Des
- Only UCEED qualified students can apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay for the academic year 2017-2018.
- The application procedure and online application form will be provided on the UCEED website after the results are announced.
- The first round of admission will be announced on 3rd July 2016. Category wise admission will be based on the ranks obtained by the candidates.
- If the selected candidates do not pay the fees before the deadline or decline the admission, their application will stand cancelled. These vacant seats will be filled during the second round of admissions on 12th July 2016.
- If these selected candidates do not pay the fees before the deadline or decline the admission, their application will stand cancelled. If vacant seats still exist, a selected number of applicants (depending on the number of available vacant seats), who are on the top of the remaining rank list, will be called for spot admission prior to the UG orientation at IIT Bombay (the exact date will be intimated to the applicants).
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to be present in person with the necessary documents and fees for such spot admissions. Spot admission will also be based on the category wise rank and hence is not guaranteed for all those who are present during the spot admission.