CEPT – Center for Environmental Planning and Technology
Center for Environmental Planning and Technology offers admission to Bachelor of Planning/B.Planning course on the basis of Planning Admission Test (PAT). Questions from Current Affairs, English language, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Skills, etc will be asked for PAT. PAT qualified candidates should get through an interview round too before final selection.
Eligibility for Bachelor of Planning in CEPT University
Pass in Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination is the basic qualification required to apply for Bachelor of Planning. Those who have qualified CBSE / ICSE / IB from any recognized Universities are also eligible. Qualification must be obtained with Mathematics or Statistics and English as mandatory subjects. General category candidates need to score minimum aggregate of 50% marks (in the subjects mentioned above) where as reserved category students need to score 45% marks only.
Candidates awaiting HSC results can also apply. Such candidates must produce a certificate from the concerned authority of the institute where they had appeared for qualifying HSC exam. Apart from this, candidates with equivalent qualification other than those mentioned above must submit an attested copy of the certificate at the time of submitting application.
Selection Procedure for Bachelor of Planning in CEPT University
There are 40 seats for B.Planning course in CEPT University. Selection of eligible candidates in to these seats is done via Planning Admission Test (PAT) conducted by the University itself. This is an objective model test that comprises of questions from areas like
- Analytical Skills
- Context Analysis
- Current Affairs
- English language
- Lateral Thinking
- Logical Reasoning
- Organizational Principles
- Understanding of Social, Economic and Environmental Issues
- Visual Perception
- Visualizing 3D objects
- Scale and Proportions
A merit list will be prepared according to the score obtained in PAT. Short listed candidates should appear for final interview session. Final selection will be based on their performance in the interview.
Application Procedure for Planning Admission Test (PAT)
Applications forms and other details on admission can be collected from the official web portal of CEPT. Application fee for attending the exam is Rs. 500/-. Fee must be paid either as cash or in the form of Demand Draft taken in favour of Director, CEPT University payable at Ahmedabad. Application form must be filled up correctly and must be submitted to the University address before final date. Attested copies of HSC Certificate, SSLC Certificate, Caste certificate (for reserved category), etc must be submitted along with the application. Original certificates must be submitted at the time of admission.
CEPT or Center for Environmental Planning and Technology University is a premier academic institute located in Ahmadabad offering undergraduate and post-graduate programs in the areas of natural and developed environment of human society and related disciplines.
Admission Procedure Details:
Admission to all the below mentioned courses are done on the basis of admission test, followed by an Interview.
Pattern of CEPT:
As part of the entrance exam, a written test is conducted for half an hour. This is followed by group discussion, in which candidates are given three to four topics to choose from, to discuss it with fellow candidates. This is followed by a personal interview. Students having qualifying GATE score are also required to appear in the written test, group discussion and personal interview. However, they are given 10% extra weightage while making the final selection.
Eligibility for CEPT:
For Undergraduate Programs:
• For B.Arch. Courses, candidates need to pass the 10+2 (Sc. Stream) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with 55% aggregate marks for all subjects. Candidates with a 10+3 Diploma are also eligible for application.
• For B. Interior Design, candidates need to pass the 10+2 (Sc. Stream) with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (or Biology) and English with 55% aggregate marks for all subjects can apply.
• For B.Tech Courses, candidates need to pass the 10+2 (Sc. Stream) with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 45% aggregate marks for all subjects. In addition, candidates must have appeared in the GUJCET / AIEEE Test.
For Postgraduate Programs:
• For M.Arch. Courses, candidates need to have a B.Arch. Degree from any recognized University with at least 55% marks.
• For Postgraduate Courses in Planning, candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering and Planning with at least 50% marks or a Master’s Degree in Geography, Economics, Sociology from any recognized University. GATE qualified candidates are given preference.
• For M.Tech. Courses, candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture / Civil Engineering from any recognized University.
• For Masters in Interior Design and Architecture, candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design / Architecture or equivalent from a recognized Indian University.