UPES – School of Design Studies
About UPES – School of Design Studies
With the increasing focus on innovation and creativity and exemplary vision on future of design, UPES established the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Keeping in view the requirement of commercially viable and technically advanced designs increasing today, SoDS has designed well-structured curriculum for covering essential aspects such as fundamentals of design, sketching & rendering, model making, ergonomics, digital design tools, design management, professional practice etc.
With over 130 students currently enrolled, and now accepting applications for its fourth intake, UPES School of Design Studies (SoDS) offers a diverse range of programs which enable students to strive to create what has not been imagined before.
- 1st design school in North India offering UG and PG courses in the domains of Transportation, Product, Industrial and Interaction designing.
- Faculty with qualifications from some of the best design institutes in India and abroad and having right blend of academic, consultancy and practical experience in varied industries.
- World class infrastructure in terms of building space, laboratories, design studios, high end computer workstations for each student.
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
Entrance Exam: UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) – 12 – 15 April, 2016
Interviews and Presentation of Portfolio: 22 – 24 April, 2016 in New Delhi, Dehradun (Complete venue details will be shared shortly)
Last Date to Register: 4th April 2016
- Master of Design (M.Des)
Entrance Exam: UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) – 19 – 21 January, 2016
Interviews and Presentation of Portfolio: 28 – 29 January, 2016 in New Delhi (Complete venue details will be shared shortly)
Last Date to Register: 10th January 2016
|UPES – MDES||10 January 2016||19-21 January 2016|
|UPES – BDES||4 April 2016||12-15 April 16|
|UPES (B.Des/M.Des.)||4 April 2016||12-15 April 16|
10000+ Students |7500+ Placements | 400+ Faculty | 94 Specialized programs | 450+ Industry linkages | 100+ Global Alliances | 42 Acre campus
|1. Graduate Programs||2. Post – Graduate Program (M. Des)|
Bachelors of Design (B. Des)
- Must have scored at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Must have scored at least 50% aggregate in PCM/B at Senior Secondary Level (12th)
B. For Non Examination Pathway:
- Board Merit:Must have scored at least 65% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 65% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology at Senior Secondary level (12th class)
- JEE Mains/UCEED Merit:Must have scored at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th class)
Bachelors of Fine Arts (B. FA)
Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level (10th & 12th)
Masters in Design (M. Des)
1. Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level (10th & 12th)
2. B. Tech / BE in any discipline / B. Arch / BFA 4 years / B. Des / Interior Design / Applied Arts with minimum 50% marks.
- Design Studios
- Design Consultants
- Product Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Interface and information researcher
- Creative Director
- Strategist and Design Director
1.Bachelors of Design (B. Des)
- UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) followed by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolioOR
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by Centralized counseling for selected candidatesOR
- Through Board Merit (Minimum 80% in 10th & 12th and minimum 80% in PCM in 12th) / JEE Mains Score (Minimum 50% in 10th & 12th and minimum 50% in PCM in 12th)
2. Bachelors of Fine Arts (B. FA)
- UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES – DAT)
- Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
3. Master of Design (M. Des)
- Valid CEED 2015 or 2016 score or Valid UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES – DAT) score
- Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
Piyush Goghari – Design Fellow
Prof. Piyush had completed his study from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad with specialization in Product Design, in 1981. He has a prolonged experience of over 27 years in undertaking design consultancy projects in product, package, exhibition and corporate communication design. He has experience in evolving academic, administrative and infrastructural set up of a design institute, fromscratch. He has over 7 years teaching experience at various design institutes of India. His areas of interest are: fractal geometry, anthropometrics in design, lighting design and Indian design value system.
Education – Postgraduate Diploma in Transportation Design,IED, Italy
Niren M Parsai
Education – B.E. PGDPD Product Design, from NID, Ahmedabad
Education – PGDPD Industrial design from NID, Ahmedabad, MSc. International Business and Management for Design from Salford University, Manchester, UK
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Education – M. Des (Industrial Design) – IIT Delhi, B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) – IGIT Sarang
Mukund Jethva – Studio In-charge
Education – Post diploma in sculpture, Fine Arts, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat
S. V. Savarkar
Education – ITI, Nagpur
M. Des Industrial Design
Education – IDC IIT Bombay
- Classrooms with high end computer workstations for each student
- Software like Alias Automotive, Rhino, Adobe suite, CorelDraw, Catia, AutoCAD etc.
- 3D Printer
- State of the art design studios at SoDS offers the right blend of real life learning and theoretical design fundamentals.
- Wood / Plastics / Metal / Clay / POP / Paint / Photo studios for practical work
- Vacuum forming machine and spray painting booth
- All the raw materials for model making
How to Apply:
You can purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application form Online / by sending Demand Draft / by Cash.
- By Demand Draft: Candidates can purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft of Rs.1,850 in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi to “University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrolment Office, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III, New Delhi 110020.”
- By Cash: Candidates can purchase UPES Prospectus & Application on a cash payment of Rs.1,750 from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh / Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai. For addresses click here.
- By Online: Candidates can apply for UPES Prospectus & Application Online for Rs.1,850. Click to Apply.
For clarifications, please call 09953084360 or email at email@example.com