UPES – School of Design Studies
About UPES – School of Design Studies
With the increasing focus on innovation and creativity and exemplary vision on future of design, UPES established the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Keeping in view the requirement of commercially viable and technically advanced designs increasing today, SoDS has designed well-structured curriculum for covering essential aspects such as fundamentals of design, sketching & rendering, model making, ergonomics, digital design tools, design management, professional practice etc.
With over 130 students currently enrolled, and now accepting applications for its fourth intake, UPES School of Design Studies (SoDS) offers a diverse range of programs which enable students to strive to create what has not been imagined before.
- 1st design school in North India offering UG and PG courses in the domains of Transportation, Product, Industrial and Interaction designing.
- Faculty with qualifications from some of the best design institutes in India and abroad and having right blend of academic, consultancy and practical experience in varied industries.
- World class infrastructure in terms of building space, laboratories, design studios, high end computer workstations for each student.
|UPES – MDES||21 April 2017||28 April 2017|
|UPES – BDES||8th April 2017||12th – 15th April 2017|
|Apply for UPES Application form Online. UPES Application Online fee Rs.1850/-. Click to Apply.|
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
Entrance Exam: UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) : 12th – 15th April 2017
Date of Interview and Portfolio Presentation will be announced on UPES website in the 2nd week of April 2017.
(Venue will be separately Communicated to registered students via email.)
Last Date to Register: 8th April 2017
- Master of Design (M.Des)
Entrance Exam: UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) – 28 April 2017
Last Date to Register: 21 April 2017
Interviews and Presentation of Portfolio: Click here to Online Registration
Interviews and Portfolio Presentation schedule for M.Des is as follows:
|Location||Date of Interview||Reporting Time||Venue Address||Contact Person|
|Dehradun||6 May 2017||10:00 AM||UPES Campus,
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
|Mr. Rohin Singh
|Mumbai||6 May 2017||10:00 AM||Will be updated shortly||Mr. Ninad Sapre
|Ahmedabad||6 May 2017||10:00 AM||Will be updated shortly||Mr. Arshad Hussain
|Delhi||6 May 2017||10:00 AM||UPES Corporate Office:
2nd Floor, 210,
Okhla Industrial Estate,
Phase III, New Delhi-110020
|Mr. Virendra Gupta
10000+ Students |7500+ Placements | 400+ Faculty | 94 Specialized programs | 450+ Industry linkages | 100+ Global Alliances | 42 Acre campus
|1. Graduate Programs||2. Post – Graduate Program (M. Des)|
Bachelors of Design (B. Des)
- Must have scored at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Must have scored at least 50% aggregate in PCM/B at Senior Secondary Level (12th)
B. For Non Examination Pathway:
- Board Merit:Must have scored at least 65% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 65% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology at Senior Secondary level (12th class)
- JEE Mains/UCEED Merit:Must have scored at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th class)
Masters in Design (M. Des)
1. Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level (10th & 12th)
2. B. Tech / BE in any discipline / B. Arch / BFA 4 years / B. Des / Interior Design / Applied Arts with minimum 50% marks.
- Design Studios
- Design Consultants
- Product Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Interface and information researcher
- Creative Director
- Strategist and Design Director
1.Bachelors of Design (B. Des)
- UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) followed by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolioOR
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by Centralized counseling for selected candidatesOR
- Through Board Merit (Minimum 80% in 10th & 12th and minimum 80% in PCM in 12th) / JEE Mains Score (Minimum 50% in 10th & 12th and minimum 50% in PCM in 12th)
2. Master of Design (M. Des)
- Valid CEED 2016 or 2017 score or Valid UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES – DAT) score
- Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
UPES has eminent faculty from NID, Ahmedabad; IED, Italy; IIT Delhi; Salford University, Manchester, Uk, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, ITI Nagpur.
Dr. Soumyajit Ghoshal – Program Director
Before joining SoDS UPES, he was the Principal Designer at NID & headed NID’s International Collaborative R&D, from NID’s R&D Campus, Bengaluru. He has over 30 years of work experience. He was instrumental in setting up the institute’s R&D Campus which was inaugurated in 2006. Soumyajit holds a PhD in Ergonomics from the University of Calcutta. As an Industrial Design faculty at NID Ahmedabad, he was instrumental in developing course modules in Ergonomics for several design disciplines and guided students involved in industry-sponsored and socially-relevant projects. He developed four IT-integrated postgraduate programmes: Software and User Interface Design, Information and Digital Design, Design for Digital Experience, and Information and Interface Design.
Soumyajit’s interests include user interface design, management of R&D and product innovation, strategic design intervention in new business developments, process and systems development, and technology integration in design.
Deepak Chandra Goel – Associate Design Fellow
Mr. Deepak is Arts graduate with Masters in Mass Communication. He has over two decades of experience in corporate and academia. His specialties include GUI Development, Prepress, Post production, Project Management, Product Development. Passion for Imagery, VFX and Motion Graphics & Gaming and animation are his driving forces. His core skills are Thinking Solutions, Strategic Planning. Change Management. Cross platform compatibility and optimizing business practices.
Education – Postgraduate Diploma in Transportation Design,IED, Italy
Niren M Parsai
Education – B.E. PGDPD Product Design, from NID, Ahmedabad
Education – PGDPD Industrial design from NID, Ahmedabad, MSc. International Business and Management for Design from Salford University, Manchester, UK
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Education – M. Des (Industrial Design) – IIT Delhi, B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) – IGIT Sarang
Mukund Jethva – Studio In-charge
Education – Post diploma in sculpture, Fine Arts, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat
S. V. Savarkar
Education – ITI, Nagpur
M. Des Industrial Design
Education – IDC IIT Bombay
Mr. Majumder – Design Fellow in SODS
Mr. Majumder has done B.E (Mechanical Engineering) and M.Des in Industrial Design with specialization in Product Design from National Institute of Design.
Mr. Majumder has around 24 Years of experience in industry as well as academics like United World Institute of Design, Tractors India Ltd., Defence Land Systems etc.
Mr. Prasun Chakraborty
He is a graduate (Bachelor of Visual Arts) and Post Graduate (Masters of Visual Arts) with specialization in Textile Design from Govt. Collage of Art and Craft, Kolkata.
The classrooms of SoDS have high end computer workstations for each student equipped with software like Alias, Rhino, Adobe suite, CorelDraw, Catia, AutoCAD etc. The 3D Printer, Wood/Plastic/Metal/Industrial Clay/POP/Paint/Photo Studios for practical work are also there. Vacuum forming machines, spray painting booths and all requisite raw materials for model making are other additions to our well equipped classrooms.
UPES campus is located in the sylvan surroundings of the Pondha valley at the foothills of the Himalayas in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, offering an environment conducive to academic, personal and professional growth.
- 42 Acres of lush green campus set amidst the peaceful Pondha Valley
- 600000 sq ft. of built-up area
- 100+ multimedia enables classrooms
- 90 teaching & research labs
The only university to have an actual MIG23 on campus
- Donated by the Indian Air Force
- Airframe gifted from the Halwara Air base
- Engine presented by the Kanpur Air Force Station
Fire Safety Training Ground
- Dedicated outdoor labs for fire safety training
- With Fire Safety Car & Ambulance on standby
- Equipped with requisite infrastructure for staging mock
- Fire drills and disaster management drills
The only university to have a Tatra Truck on campus
- Provided by Indian Army to facilitate R&D in Land
- Defence Systems
- Has a classroom and workshop inside
- Two unique features viz. Unique Flexible Axle
- (Independent Swing) and an Air Cooled Engine
Fire Safety Training Ground
- Solar power project on campus
- Funded through Ministry of New & Renewable
- Energy’s (MNRE) Diesel Abatement Project
- Expected to generate 1.2 lakhs KW electricity
- annually with an estimated CO2 reduction of 270 tonnes
The only university to have an Oil Rig on campus
- Fully operational oil rig installed in the campus
- Designed and developed by UPES faculty
- Managed by a specialized team
- 1 KW Wind Turbine Mill has been installed on campus to generate clean energy
Learning Resource Center
Advance Computing Lab
How to Apply:
You can purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application form Online / by sending Demand Draft / by Cash.
- By Demand Draft: Candidates can purchase the UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft of Rs.1,850 in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi to “University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrolment Office, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III, New Delhi 110020.”
- By Cash: Candidates can purchase UPES Prospectus & Application on a cash payment of Rs.1,750 from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh / Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
- By Online: Candidates can apply for UPES Prospectus & Application Online for Rs.1,850.
For clarifications, please call 09953084360 / Toll Free Number: 1800-102-8737 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org