Indian School of Design & Innovation (ISDI)
Indian School of Design & Innovation (ISDI)
Courses Offered at ISDI
4 Year Undergraduate Programs
11 month Postgraduate Programs
Degree Offered at ISDI
– Undergraduate Diploma In Design awarded by ISDI and course completion certificate from Parsons The New School, New York.
Additionally students are encouraged to enroll for Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Mumbai University IDOL program.
– Postgraduate Certificate Program in Design
ISDI Tower 2A, One Indiabulls Center, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013
Counsellors contact detail on which student can call for further details.
|Contact Person||Mr. Adnan Patel|
Exam Cycles in 2018
|1.||Applications Open||Jan 2018|
|2.||Applications Deadline||End of March|
|3.||ISDI Challenge||April 2018 (date TBD)|
– ISDI follows the pedagogy and teaching methods of the prestigious Parsons School of Design, New York which has produced designers like Paul Rand, Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Raghavendra Rathore and many more.
– ISDI Students are eligible to apply for admission to Parsons as a transfer student after completing 1 or 2 years at ISDI (all admission decisions rest solely with Parsons).
– Leading international faculty members from Parsons New York and other renowned design schools visit ISDI
- Robert Kirkbride – Associate Dean – School of Constructed Environments, Parsons The New School for Design
- MARIAH DOREN – Associate Dean – Curriculum & Learning, Parsons The New School for Design
- Ryan Raffa – Senior Faculty, Parsons The New School for Design
- Prof Ravi Vaidyanathan, Imperial College London
- Erin Stine, Director Admissions at Parsons School of design, New York
- Rob Philips, Senior Tutor at RCA
- Prof Fred Deakin – UAL Chair of Interactive Digital Art Central Saint Martins
- Krasimira Stoyneva – U K Based Fashion Designer
- Ed Gill Graphic Design Faculty, University of East London
- Vicki Fong – Fashion Design Faculty, University of East London
- G K Reid – American Stylist & Creative Director
- Indrani – Indo Canadian director & Celebrity Fashion Photographer
Internship and Placements
Unique & Continuous Industry Connect model
Every summer opens up a world of experience for our students each year.
- On Completion of First Year – Observership – Initial Experiences to students to gain first hand exposure for professional practices, culture and behaviors
- On Completion of Second Year – Apprenticeship – Intermediate level of training in their area of interest
- On Completion of Third Year – Internship – Highly Instructed & planned internships developed collaboratively between advisor, student & company / studio
In Academic Year 2016 – 2017, ISDI 3rd year students secured 100% internships and graduating batch secured 98% final placements in companies like.
- MARC JACOBS, NEW YORK
- ELLE DÉCOR
- PHILIPS INDIA
- MANISH MALHOTRA
- Harper’s Bazaar
- THE VOICE, USA
- PUBLICIS MEDIA HOUSE OF MASABA
- MAISON BLU
- FREEDOM TREE DESIGN
- PIXELFOX STUDIOS
- VIKRAM BHATT’S WEBSERIES
- RABIA GUPTA DESIGN
- LIGHT FISH, AUROVILLE
- GRAZIA MAGAZINE
- ARCHITECT LOKHANDWALA
- MUSTAFA EISA DESIGN
- SANJAY PURI ARCHITECTS
- HOUSE OF ANITA DONGRE
- TALATI & PANTHAKY
- SANGARU DESIGN
- FRACTAL INK
- FAMOUS INNOVATION
- 650,000 sq ft Urban Campus in Mid Town Mumbai.
- State of the art prototyping labs, fabrication studios, fashion tech labs & Infomedia promonade.
- Our urban campus also house 109 Top corporates including Harpers Bazaar, NDTV, Gallery Odessy, The British Council Library and more.
- Over 200 fashion studios, interior boutiques, advertising agencies, luxury retail spaces within 500 meters of the campus.
- Our campus also houses India’s first Accelerator for Creative Entrepreneurs and startups, ISDI Ace.
- Launched DICE Adobe Digital Academy to operate as a centre to train other schools on digital learning.
Faculty at ISDI
Over 150 full-time and adjunct faculty members from the best in the industry and academia from institutions such as Parsons School of Design New York, RISD, FIT New York, Middlesex University in London, Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) Spain, National Institute of Design Ahmedabad, CEPT Ahmedabad, NIFT New Delhi and many more.
Prof Bhaskar Bhatt – Program Director for Product Design: Industrial Design Engineer & graduate in Product Design from NID, Pursuing PHD in Design from IIT Mumbai, Prior to joining ISDI was the Head of Product Design at NID Gandhinagar.
Anando Dutta – Program Director for Communication Design, Communication Design graduate from NID Ahmedabad. His career as a practicing professional spans over 32 years.
Shreyas More – Program Director for Interior Design, Architect and specialist in intelligent environments, holds a masters degree from Program Director for Communication Design.
Amit Kundal – Program Director for Design Innovation, graduate in Lifestyle and Accessory Design from NIFT, PHD in Design from IIT Kanpur, has worked on several product development projects in Helsinki, Finland.
Poonam Mishra – Program Director for Fashion Business, graduate and rank holder from NIFT, with over 17 years of exp in luxury retail and fashion marketing management.
- Follow the globally benchmarked pedagogy & teaching methods from Parsons School of Design, New York.
- Committed to a new model of cutting edge design and innovation education, integrated with commercialization of design.
- Pedagogy is based on intensive specialization built on strong fundamentals of liberal arts, critical thinking, skill training and master classes.
- Creativity, innovation and sustainability form the core of ISDIology.
- Faculty and students use design thinking as a way of life.
Guest Lecture at ISDI
- Manish Malhotra,
- Suzy Menkes – International Editor of 14 Vogue Magazines.
- Sabhyasachi Mukherjee
- Pradeep Nair – Managing Director – India & SAARC at Autodesk
- N Chandrasekaran – Chairman, Tata Sons
- Bandana Tewari – Editor at Large Vogue India
- Hafeez Contractor – Leading Architect
- Arzan Khambatta – Architect & Sculptor
- Ayaz Basrai – Architect and founder – The Busride
- Kirthiga Reddy – Former Head of Facebook India
- Paul Gardien – Vice President – Philips Design
- Karan Johar – Leading Film Director & Producer
- Gale Moutrey, Vice President – Communications, Steelcase
- Raghavendra Rathore, Fashion Designer & Entrepreneur
- Suhas Bendre, Director – Cognizant
- Satish Gokhale, Director – Industrial Design – Design Directions
- Rajeev Masand, Indian film critic, Entertainment reporter
- Jean Cassegrain CEO – Longchamp
- Kurnal Rawat Creative Director, Landor
- Rajeev Sethi, Indian designer, scenographer and art curator