JEE – B.Arch (Earlier AIEEE)
1. Candidates need to attempt the JEE (Earlier AIEEE) Paper 2 for admission to B.Arch or B.Plan programs.
2. Paper 2 of JEE (Earlier AIEEE) consists of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing for B. Architecture and B. Planning in offline mode.
3. The Paper Pattern is as follows:
|Parts||Type of Questions||Marks|
|Part I – Mathematics||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part II – Aptitude Test||Objective||40 Q x 4 marks = 160 marks|
|Part III – Drawing Test||Drawing||2 Q x 35 marks = 70 marks|
Part – I
Aptitude = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
Maths = 40 questions x 4 marks = 160 marks
- Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and building environment.
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – II
Drawing = 2 questions x 35 marks = 70 marks
- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market,festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts,jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
AIEEE is a one stop examination for admission in all National Institute of Technology for the course of B.E. It is a highly competitive paper based on the syllabus of class 12 from any recognised board or University. AIEEE B.Arch is meant for those students who want to pursue B.E. in Architecture from NITs. Each question carries different marks and there is a provision of negative marking for each wrong answer. 1/4th marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
- There are about 17 NITs that admit students to 1,050 seats across India based on JEE (Earlier AIEEE) marks.
- The total number of attempts available to a candidate is 3 (three). The candidates passed +2 exam in 2010, 2011 or appearing in +2 in 2012 are only eligible to appear in JEE (Earlier AIEEE)-2012. Candidates passed +2 in 2009 or before or appearing in 2013 are not eligible to appear in JEE (Earlier AIEEE)-2012.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible for the 2012 JEE (Earlier AIEEE) exam. This condition is relaxed by 5 more years for SC, ST and PH candidates.
AIEEE B.Arch Exam is for the students who are interested in making their careers in architectural engineering. Minimum requirements for the paper is class 12 passed with minimum 50% in the stream of Science. Students should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their class 12. Student can only appear for this exam twice.
- R. S. Agarwal – Maths XI & XII
- S.L. Loni – Plane Trigonometry Part I
- S.L. Loni – Co-ordinate Geometry