12 Tips for How to Crack NIFT
- Practice is the key to success. Try to sketch almost anything and everything you come across.
- Browse through various newspapers, magazines and online sites.
- Take ideas from various advertisements, posters, banners etc., you come across.
- Keep your eraser away from you while practicing. It’ll help your lines become more bold and confident.
- Give importance to detailing where ever required, like the face of a human figure or the human’s outfits etc.
- Try to master the skills of human illustration. Concentrate more in proportions, form etc.
- Calligraphy skills come handy in posters, banner design, etc. Learn and practice different styles of lettering as they can come handy.
In the Examination Hall:
- The Creative Ability Test would commence after the General Ability Test. Students are usually excited with their GAT experiences. Note this. Clear your mind, forget the morning session (GAT session), come afresh for the CAT.
- Please use quality colour pencils. Best and economic option would be faber castle colour pencils with at least 24 shades in it.
- Planning is very important. First plan your ideas and then start on with sketching.
- Start off with simple ones like logo design or t-shirt design. Go for the complicated ones like scene drawing later.
- Please!! Plan your time and try to complete the paper.